I bought the curtains from IKEA. They are the Vivan curtains and were only $15. I cut off the little pocket part without measuring how high my rod was hung so they were like 1/2 inch too short and I couldn't think of an easy solution and didn't want flood curtains. Then I saw THIS POST at the Inspired room and it was the perfect solution. Just a tiny bit of fabric sewn onto the bottom like I was binding a quilt and problem solved. PLUS now the bottom of the curtain won't look icky fast rubbing on the dining room floor. The fabric is Amy Butler Love that coordinates the Dining room chair pads that I just recovered.
Not fancy but finished! I love the curtain ring clips especially with boys. Now the curtain just comes unclipped if anybody yanks on it instead of ripping out of the wall. Not that my boys ever do that. The wood sign says "Spare me the drama."
This room doesn't get really good light which is part of the reason for the light, airy curtains. So I switched the lights to some called "Daylight". This is the before with regular soft white light bulbs:
This is the after with the daylight light bulbs. HUGE change. All the boys noticed which says A LOT since they usually only notice stuff to do with food. I love it so far and it was a cheap $4 change. We'll see how we feel after a week since it's REALLY bright but it is very similar to normal day light.